The BIG event that minority businesses wait for all year around is finally here – the 2014 NMSDC (National Minority Supplier Development Council) Business Opportunity Fair is underway in Orlando, FL from Nov 2nd-5th and we from Indotronix are there with our business cards ready and networking persona on.
For over 40 years, the NMSDC has helped advance business opportunities for certified minority business enterprises and connects them to corporate members. They realize this humongous goal by:
- Working through the NMSDC Network to support and facilitate MBE integration into corporate and public-sector supply chains;
- Building MBE capacity and capabilities through their programs and other education offerings; and
- Facilitating MBE-to-MBE partnerships to meet the needs of their corporate members.
NMSDC achieves this by matching more than 12,000 certified minority-owned businesses to their vast network of corporate members who wish to purchase their products, services and solutions. Corporate members include many of the largest public and privately-owned companies, as well healthcare companies, colleges and universities.
The NMSDC network includes:
- a national office in New York City
- 24 affiliate regional councils nationwide
- 1,750 corporate members and growing
Thanks to the NMSDC hundreds of Minority Business Enterprises (MBE) – Asian, Black, Hispanic and Native American suppliers are getting their voice heard and becoming a part of the globalized corporate supply chain. One such MBE is Indotronix International Corporation! We have been members of the local chapter of the NMSDC – the NY/NJ MSDC Council for over a decade and even got recognized for our long-term involvement with this esteemed organization at their annual expo in 2013. Indotronix goes a step further by being an active part in the local council’s MBEIC (MBE Input Committee) so we can help the NMSDC in helping us – the MBEs. Indotronix has also been involved with other chapters of the NMSDC – Greater New England MSDC (GNEMSDC), Eastern MSDC (EMSDC), Capital Region MSDC (CRMSDC), Chicago MSDC, Central and North Florida MSDC (FMSDC) and the Houston MSDC (HMSDC)
But, why do we spend valuable time and other resources on the NMSDC?! Well – quite simply…it makes business sense! The NMSDC Business Opportunity Fair gives us MBEs the opportunity to:
- Meet relevant Procurement professionals and market our products and services
- Meet our champions inside the huge corporations – the Supplier Diversity Managers and get the much-needed feedback
- Network with other MBEs
- Gain market knowledge – no business enterprise can survive long-term by working in a silo. We need to know what is happening in the market place if we want to be proactive or at the least not lag behind!
With that said…we at Indotronix wish the NMSDC 2014 Business Opportunity Fair and all corporations and MBEs taking part in it much success.
Happy networking! 🙂